House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Monday, February 14, 2005

A Full Heart

What a wonderful Valentine's Day!
My dear husband remembered and brought me coffee in bed as well as a gift-wrapped truffle dish of fudge! Yum!

The children awoke to gift bags on the table containing secret little gifts.
Even the 17 year old was give candy and a container of beef jerky sticks. I just cannot NOT give him something. He's forever my baby boy. : )

We made heart-shaped cookies today. While blending the sugar, butter and eggs together Chels told me, "This is just like the old days, huh, Momma? Baking from scratch. I just love it!"

This was followed by a wonderful litany of praise from my girls, "..."Momma, you're such a good momma. You buy us Valentine gifts and make cookies with us and let us roll out the dough and you help me with my work and..."

To think that I would have missed this wonderful, heartfelt exclamation from my daughters had I declined the baking process simply because I did not wake up planning to bake. I'm so glad we did.

Keep talking, honey. Momma's listening. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]