House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Free College Education

I remember now...see my mind isn't that far gone ...where I read VERY recently about the public library providing us with a complete college education. My friend Cindy shared it with me:

"Last night historian and author David McCollough was being interviewed on Cspan. He was lamenting how American children (and adults) know so little about history. As the interview went on he shared his beliefs that:

1) - children would learn more through dinner time coversation than in hours in a classroom

2) -the lesson plans of today can't compare to a good book and an interested adult

3) -everyone has time to do this in our 'too busy' world if they will take the average 3-4 hours a day spent watching tv and spend just one on books and conversation

4) - that you can get a college education and beyond for free at your local library

1 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Leonie said…

    I like the idea - no lesson plans, just boks and conversation!

    But could we also learn from television and movies and books?

    Thinking of our viewing and discussion of Snow Queen last night...

    Leonie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]