House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Saturday, September 17, 2005

What I'm Reading Tonight!


I have begun reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

I tried to read this a few summers ago (at the prompting of my friend Chari) and failed miserably. I could not seem to get over how silly it was that the only thing these ladies worried about was finding a man to marry! I'm afraid that even dear Scarlett O'Hara of 1860 gentility would have called them ninnies! My goodness! but we have evolved!

Now I take this novel up again with a renewed spirit to read this autumn on the stationary bike at the aquatic center. I have come to realize what my friend tried telling me two summers ago: this story takes place in a different time, in a different world. Setting your mind inside a certain time period helps in relating to a novel.

I am well into it now, safe enough to say that I'll finish it by winter's end. Perhaps now is the season for myself and Jane.

My friend Chari would be SO proud of me; if she only knew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]