House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Saturday, November 26, 2005

18 and All Grown Up

Oldest ds's friend showed up at the house the other day to show off the brand-new motorcycle he got from dear ol' mom and dad on his 18th b-day. He also wanted to show off his new camera/cell-phone given to him again by dear ol' mom and dad on the occassion of his 18th b-day.

My oldest ds came in the house after said-friend left on said-brandnew motorcycle with said-brandnew camera/cell phone tucked away in his back pocket, and simply said, "Yep! All I got for my 18th b-day was a hurricane."

LOL

Then he smiled at me, and I gave him a big hug! This is one 18-year-old I know who has grown-up fast, even without the motorcycle and camera/cell phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]