House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bella Dancerella

I have to put in a good word for this toy. My 4-yr-old got it as a b-day gift. I was skeptical when I saw it advertized. Afterall, the 8-yr-old got a new Twister game complete with a music CD for her b-day and was so frustrated with the new-fangled toy that she has never used it since.

The Bella Dancerella on the otherhand is simple enough for a 2-yr-old to use but enjoyable enough for a 10-yr-old. My girls are both loving it. Starr got it on Saturday and they have both used it every day for numerous times throughout the day.

It gets them up and moving. They do stretch exercises with Bella on the DVD which takes them into jumping exercises and lots of active dancing. The mat is two-sided and takes the little dancers through a quick study of the basic ballet movements.

It is by no means a thorough workout or dance instruction, but it's fun, gets the kids up and moving, and certainly gets them motivated towards dancing.

So, if your child has expressed an interest in dancing and you'd like to wait another year before signing her up, and seeing if she'll stick with it, do get this gift for Christmas. Your pennies will be well spent.

And, no, I'm not being paid to endorse Bella Dancerella. We just really like it. I give it two thumbs up and a five star rating.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger DavidofOz said…

    Oh no! Once my 4yo sees this her dreams will be filled with desire! She has just found a tu-tu in the dress up box and it wearing it continually.
    I wonder if it is available in Australia?

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger DavidofOz said…

    Actually it IS an Australian developed product!
    see: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/03/14/1079199094872.html?from=storyrhs

    Now I'll have to get one! :-)

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Cay Gibson said…

    Thanks for the link!
    Everybody needs to read it.

    This is one of those times I'm slapping my forehead saying, "I wish I'd have thought of this."

    What a simple, simple idea!

    And you know what, the main ballerina on the DVD has a thick Australian accent. I didn't connect it until you mentioned it. At first I thought it was an English accent.

    I noticed the braces on her teeth when I first watched it. It's a very kid-friendly product. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]