House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Monday, December 05, 2005

What We Love About Books

I wasn't tagged, but I couldn't resist this:

15 Things I Love About Books from Atypical's Blog.

Here you only have to list two things you love about books---unless you'd like to add more.

I'll start: * the smell of books, *their very presence in my bedroom.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Mary G said…

    I loe the snuggling on a chilly day or night -- with our without my dear children -- all cuddled up with a great story that keeps you awake long enough to really enjoy the snuggling....

    This is why books-online will never completely replace my shelves and shelves of sweet-smelling, cozy-time memories!

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Karen Edmisten said…

    1. That they are part of my home "decor."

    2. That my children love them as much as I do.

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Cay Gibson said…

    Mary G. wrote:
    "This is why books-online will never completely replace my shelves and shelves of sweet-smelling, cozy-time memories!"
    *****
    Oh, I SO agree, Mary!!! It's just NOT the same. : )

    Thanks for posting!
    Cay

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]