House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

More Spongebob Wisdom

The other night my seven-year-old and I were sitting in the rocker watching TV. From the depths of the chair came a small voice. "Momma, do you realize that today is the tomorrow you thought about yesterday?"

(Tune from Twilight Zone playing!!!)

As I paraded this slogan around to family members for the next couple of days, I was met by a shrug and sceptism from my newly-turned twelve-year-old son. "She heard that off Spongebob," he informed me.

So much for my mini-philosopher and another point for a yellow sponge who lives under the sea.

Still, a mother's pride is limitless. It's ironic that my seven-year-old retained this quote and took the time to turn it over in her mind, ponder over it, and repeat it back to me. The brain is a sponge afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]