House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Thursday, March 17, 2005

St. Patrick's Day Offering

Years ago while attending college, I worked part-time in the church office. One day a dear priest-friend, Fr. William O'Brien (may he rest in peace), showed me an old tattered book of poetry. It was his favorite, he told me.

Around the Boree Log by Fr. John O'Brien is a book of Irish poetry.
My priest-friend read two poems to this young college student.
The Trimmin's on the Rosary
The Little Irish Mother

Read them. Grab a hankie to dry thy eyes. And please... add a trimmin' on your rosary in memory of a very dear holy priest Fr. William O'Brien.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]