House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Friday, November 18, 2005

Climbing, Bumping and Bribing


While climbing onto my lap this morning and bumping my coffee-elbow, Annie (my 3 yr old) demanded that I let her play Neopets.

"But this is my computer," I cooed to her sweetly kissing the top of her blond curls.

"No, it's my computer!"

The younger three children really do believe it's their computer.

"Nope. Mommy paid for this. Do you have any money?"

"Yes, I do! In my piggy bank!" And off she trotts to retrieve the little purple flower-accented pig.

There was one plastic play-coin in it. She promptly began to wail that her sister had taken all her money. Since the stopper is missing from the pig's stomach, I have to wonder.

(Before anybody says anything, I'm fully aware that I should take this child and read her a book instead. But I must get ready for co-op, so she wins...for now.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]