House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Monday, December 26, 2005

A Child's Theory

Drama Queen (age 8) this morning says, "Mommy, can we throw away all my school books and let me use my new Pixter for school the rest of my life?"

Uh, no, honey.

Uncle Vince and Uncle Gerald and Daddy, sitting around the table with coffee, laugh hysterically.

D.Q. continues looking at me expectantly.
She's serious about this.

Daddy tells her, "No, D.Q. That's not going to happen. Books are important."

And Uncle Vince, the brother who always gave me a hard time about having my nose in a book, backs him up. "Books are very important." He's serious too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]