House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

History Today!

My friend Mary Ellen, from the Bonny Blue House, reminds us a bit of history that we need to remind our children about today!

Take a moment to say a prayer for all Americans and remember:
A Day Which Will Live in Infamy

Thanks for the reminder, Mary Ellen!

Today my 12 yr old is reading Steve Krensky's Pearl Harbor.

(This is a picture of my father-in-law taken the year my mother-in-law---his wife of 51 years---died. He served in the Navy during WWII. That is a time in his life that Alzheimer's has not claimed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]