House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Sacrilege

While trying to get the house in order to the point of affording me some personal "downtime" on the computer, I heard myself hiss, "You guys leave such a mess!"

I immediately regretted it.

I am the one who has long encouraged free-style, creative learning. Somehow this has evolved into firecrackers being snipped into pieces leaving a black trail of gunpowder across the kitchen countertop, a craft basket left trailing down the hallway, a camping area and tent made in the middle of the kitchen with a high chair and blanket, a half-finished picnic left in the middle of a bedroom, a whole zoo of plastic animals hiding in the living room, and stains of peanut butter and bread crumbs strewn on the kitchen table.

Would someone remind me again what my children are suppose to be learning from this unorganized world of illusions while I pretend to be General Lee and get the troops to rally the mess away?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]