House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Penderwicks & Golden Goose

My friend Melissa Wiley
posted on this book yesterday and today. I recognized it immediately because I had just spotted The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall the day before at Books-A-Million.

I was VERY tempted. It was an exciting "find" and was put back on the shelf with regrets. Having a handful of Christmas gifts on hand that had to take precedence over personal wants, I couldn't be self-indulgent right then and there.

Then....

Last night Iwas on my way to a meeting and found myself passing in front of my library. I couldn't help myself.

I'm two chapters into the book. So far, so good! I'm patiently waiting for Lissa's review of the book and, in the meantime, enjoying her list of Fiction Featured Families and how she feeds her book habit.

Right now we're reading The Golden Goose by Dick King-Smith(courtesy of the local library). Nothing to do with Christmas but it promises to have the same feel as E.B.White's Charlotte's Web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]