House of Literature Bookmobile

This is the place I share book (movie) selections and reviews I have found worth mentioning. I'll also share gleanings of family life, faith, home education, and ongoing writing projects. Book selections will include children's books, books on home education, Catholic books, classics, series, raising children, and books that are made for reading under a shady oak tree with lemonade, in a bubble bath with a latte', or next to a snuggly fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. Happy Reading!

Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas Irony

Thanks to Alicia's observance at Studeo, I found out about this amazing rescue and had to share it. My heart was in my throat.

Amazing Rescue
The mother threw her 1-month old baby out of a burning building while praying that someone would catch him below. A man caught the baby and the mother was rescued shortly afterwards by firefighters.

I can't help but think of the irony of this mother and child come Christmas morning. The greatest gift this mother will have is her babe wrapped in swaddling clothes lying safely in her arms.

Christmas is not about the gifts underneath our tree. It's about the gifts around our tree---given to us by God. This is what Christmas is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | # ]